Today was attempt #2 for my Super Mario World speedrun. The first thing that is immediately noticeable is the improved setup for recording. I’ve managed to figure out a lot more about OBS, and I’ve found a wonderful timer that is usually used for speedruns. I’ll have to look into setting it up to have splits in the future. Finally, I’ve acquired a microphone that isn’t garbage, so you can actually hear me.
The other thing that you may notice is that I was actually slower this time. This is due to a couple of things. For one, it just wasn’t my best day. More telling, however, is that there were a number of mistakes due to trying new things. As this is a fairly well-known speedrunning game, there is a lot of information available online. Over the past week, I have picked up a number of tricks to make the run faster. In this run, I screwed up a couple of times with those.
As it stands, my time for this run sits at 1:05:11.